Tuesday 21 August 2012

WELCOME ...

This is my attempt to form a group to dine and enjoy food, while learning better ways to cook, thus losing weight without sacrificing flavour and enjoyment.

Not dieting ... but better balancing diet (in it's broader sense).


I have been inspired by the Hairy Dieters who seem to have proved in 12 weeks that it is possible ... and I am driven by health issues to act.

I would like to assemble a compliment of recipes (breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, treats and drinks), learn to cook them ... and adopt them as a staple regime in the meals I consume.

Along the way, I will blog the process and results.

Cassoulet
So far, I have recipes for:

BREAKFAST:

Crumpets & Berries in Yoghurt & Honey

Bacon, Eggs & Tomato


SNACKS:

Nicoise Wraps

Chilli Salad Bowls / Tacos

Beef & Potato Pies


LUNCH & DINNER:

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Egg, Bacon & Asparagus Flan

Beef Lasagne

Roast Masala Chicken   &   Roast Veggies

Chicken Korma

Beachside Paella

Cassoulet (French Rich Meat Stew)


DESSERTS & TREATS:

Berry Tiramisu

Lemon Cup Cakes with Drizzly Icing


Of course, this is the starting point. Most of this menu comes courtesy of the Hairy Dieters. However, I will be adding to it as time goes by.

Low fat Quiche ?? Believe it !
For now, I am emailing and 'word of mouthing' to find 5 local like-minded people. I hope it is not going to be difficult to find 5 people motivated enough to eat dinner ... but in this crazy world ... I wouldn't want to wager cash on it.

More to come .... stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment