Friday 24 August 2012

CALORIE COUNTING - MADE EASY

I'm analysing my diet by recording EVERYTHING I eat and drink, to assess how much change is required and to learn my patterns and tendancies.

I currently target 1500 calories per day (the average being 2500 per day), which requires reading labels and measuring (for portion control), so I use the following links frequently ... 



THESE ARE HANDY LINKS:


-  Best Calorie Database is        http://www.calorieking.com.au

It is Australian and the information is HIGHLY brand specific for Australia. You will find thorough information quickly and easily. Not only for shopping, but also takeaways and food brands we see, buy and use every day.




This link is useful for calculating calorie content when nutriotnal info is given as Kj only.


Other items to keep handy while calorie counting are:

- a pad or pen (or iPhone/iPad with dieting app)

- a magnifying glass (to read microscopic nutritional info on packaging)

- scales and a measuring jug







No comments:

Post a Comment