Thursday 23 August 2012

MY LUNCH ... FISH & CHIPS

I haven't started eating the HD's recipes yet.

However, I am eating up the food I have in my fridge, freezer and pantry that doesn't warrant throwing out for temptationary reasons.

And I have bought the ingredients to trial making the Beef Lasagne.



So ... today's lunch is FISH & CHIPS.


The fish is packaged and frozen with a Tempura batter. (NOTE: Tempura has about 1/3 less calories than batter or beer batter).

The chips are also frozen ... but Heart Foundation approved. I am hungry today because I woke late and only had a coffee for brekky ... so I have 1 1/3 servings of chips.

BOTH the fish and the chips are DRY OVEN FRIED.

There is a side salad made of Mesculin greens, a small tomato and dressed with a squeeze of lemon.

The drink is sparkling mineral water with a squeeze of lemon and a lemon wedge.



THE CALORIES:

Fish   (134 calories per piece)       -  268

Salad & Lemon Juice Dressing     -     24

Chips (120 calories per serve)      -   161

Drink:

Mineral Water                                 -      0

Lemon wedge & juice                     -     1

TOTAL:                                             454 calories



So ... for a quick and easy out of the freezer meal ... it stacks up quite well. Quite happy now after working that out.



Chow for now .........



No comments:

Post a Comment