Friday 24 August 2012

AND THEN ... THE ARVO MUNCHIES SET IN

The day has been busy busy busy.

I am now sitting down to an online poker game and some munchies.


Basically, it is a cup of coffee and a chocolate bar.

I like my coffee and I drink a lot of it.  I drink flat white ... a shot of espresso and frothed low fat milk ... no sugar.

I have measured out my coffee's, they way I make it for two. But when it is me only, I use a slightly larger cup.

So, my normal cup of coffee (done my way) is 95 calories ... but in my larger cup, it is 124 calories.



NOW THE GOOD NEWS:

I don't have to give up chocolate. If I don't make changes ... my weight won't change ... and that's a fact !

Sweets in general are high calorie ... even the fat free ones.

I can have a Milky Way bar. Limit it to 1 well savoured, carefully pulled apart Milky Way bar ... very consciously resisting just popping the whole thing in my mouth and chowing down in one go.


DIETARY INFO for a Milky Way Bar :

I buy a pack of Milky Ways ... 18 pieces in a 216g pack  ... or ... 12g per piece.

Each piece has 226Kj, which is 54 calories (or 3% or your daily dietary intake).



And leisurely consumed with a nice cup of coffee ... it's (all up) 178 calories and still a treat that makes me feel good     : )





No comments:

Post a Comment