Wednesday 17 October 2012

MORNING TEA (150 calories)

This seems to be a recurring morning tea (or afternoon tea) at my house while strawberries are in season and cheap.


A mug of tea (no sugar), fruit & nut slice with fresh strawberries and a magazine to read.

I first made the slice 2 weeks ago and I (& friends) eat so much of it that I make it about 3 times a week. I have tweaked the original recipe a few times to improve on it a couple of differing ways. It now contains grains, for instance.

I also buy the ingredients in the largest sizes I can find, resulting in a 66% reduction in cost.

HOWEVER ... the main thing is that I have chockies and biscuits in the pantry ... but I instinctively reach for the slice first for one reason ... it tastes BETTER and is NICER to eat.

It's significant health benefits are an added bonus.

Love it !






No comments:

Post a Comment